Google tag

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Troll and tunes ~


How could I resist this jeweled belly button troll ($1) at Cameron Park Snowline Hospital Thrift Shop?  I splurged for tunes in the Hairspray CD, Patti Page's Greatest Hits and Earl 'Fatha' Hines and his Orchestra - Harlem Lament.  I have no idea if Earl and his buddies are any good, but it will be fun discovering so.  The embroidery in the background is a pillowcase border hand-stitched by my mom.  


Friday night I had some time to kill before I met a friend at Zelda's Pizza in Sacramento, so it was a quick trip to Eco Thrift.  Scored a Liz Clairborne sleeveless knit top (.99), a George ME sleeveless knit top (.99) and a JKLA black stretch skirt with sequin detailing ($2.99).  Bought a bag of what I thought were fabric remnants (.99) but turned out to be placements, a few hand cross-stitched.  These items will be utilized as backgrounds in future posts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment