Grow Your Blog and repairing a vintage baby quilt

It is blog-hopping time again with Vicki at 2 Bags Full.  


via phantomzucchini

To count myself worthy of this mainly fabric arts group, I complete at least one hand sewn project a year. This year's project was repairing my daughter's 25-year old baby blanket.  When she first brought it to me, I thought, "This thing should be thrown out."  It seemed it had sentimental value to her. Both sides of her vintage baby quilt were ripped from stem to stern and there were small holes and tears throughout. 







The floral print was a $1.50 remnant from the local thrift shop.  I made the patches and appliques by ironing in seams and trimming the corners then hand stitching to the fabric.


Pattern of the Day from 1967 


My recent thrift shop rescues - Madame ($5) and Fern ($2.50).


The Madame Alexander doll just required some bluing to brighten the dress.
Fern was embellished with a doll skirt and costume bracelet around her neck.

The week's thrift shop finds totaled less than $20 for 4 dinner plates in my stoneware pattern, an black and white orchid pot, and a Charter Club cashmere *sings the word* sweater and a scarf.



I am looking forward to visiting the others participating in this event.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spooky Steampunk lap quilt

Let's talk uglies

Surprise gift for a supervisor - quilted kennel cover