Google tag

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Yellow block the pineapple way

Being intimidated by my pineapple trim tool ended with this being my first block. I've had the tool for some months now and realize again why I bought it - love the look of this block! I am kicking myself that I don't have more of these remnant particular fabrics. Participating in the #2018 Monthly Color Challenge with the March color being YELLOW.  Sacramento public art graffiti in the background. 

Pineapple block to pineapple pin! This vintage beauty was a $2 thrift shop find last month. It has all of its jewels and inside is stamped "Alice Caviness." Finding this made my day!

I have been on a pineapple kick for some time now, here is a link to a post in December 2017 abbey-choir-and-pineapples and December 2016 pineapple-express.

That same thrift store produced these Folk Art publications (I snapped those right up! Tami eye candy.) They are keepers.

Rounding it off with fabric remnants and my mini daffs in bloom. There are some nice preprinted panels in the bundle at the far left. The middle fabric bundle will soon become another cubicle wall cover, an elegant William and Morris museum print.

Quilt Qwazy Queens blog hop is coming up. If you want to visit the participants now, here is the list:


Thursday, March 15, 2018
Friday, March 16, 2018
Monday, March 19, 2018
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Upcoming Event: a-to-zchallenge.com begins in April. Signups are open now.  

Instagrammers - I am currently participating in the #IGQuiltFest posting as tamaschen. Tons O Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment