Google tag

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Shabby Chic Wedding Quilt

Since I am heading up to the Pacific Northwest later this month to take care of some family business, I pieced together a Shabby Chic Wedding Quilt for a newly wedded couple. I wasn't able to attend the wedding in April and I want to deliver my present in person.
 
This past weekend I was able to finish 16 blocks and cornerstones with scraps on hand with a goal to finish the quilt top this week. I love the look of the scrappy cornerstones. I got the idea from thrifted pieces of a mystery quilter. The bride chose a taupe wedding dress with bridesmaids in accents of pink and peach.

While I have enough scraps to piece a backing, my daughter and I made a trip to a local fabric retailer and picked up a couple of pieces to audition.

This project began as a low volume scrappy quilt but as some projects do, it took on a life of its own. I didn't intend for it to be a wedding quilt, it just guided me that direction.

As you can tell, the blocks are comprised of rectangles. The center of the block is two of the 2" by 3-1/2" rectangles.

We are enjoying our respite from intense summer heat with a spate of cool weather. Our greenhouse project is almost complete (a year  and some change later), and I can resume one of my favorite activities -  gardening!

Linking up with Cynthia at quiltingismorefunthanhousework for:
 

And Leanne at shecanquilt for:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment