When I first did that block I thought it looked too busy but it was actually to my advantage using different material for each section so I could use it as my guide. As I prepare each block, I keep each strip sized the same with the like material. I think the finished product will be easier on the eyes.
Using the chain piece method, these squares assemble relatively quickly. My project took a turn to more color when I scored a $1 bag full of floral print quilt remnants.
The squares are comprised of thrifted material from hunting/fishing and Hawaiian print shirts and Fort Bragg, California florals. They will be complete after I add the 9-1/2 inch borders (shown at the top of the image).
Here are a few of the completed squares, a total of 76. I am thinking of doing a diagonal stitch across each square when I've put together the quilt sandwich.
Links to my Hawaiian shirt quilt seriesUpcSycling-and-hawaiian-shirt-hoarder
There is, of course, thrift shopping during this hot spell. I couldn't pass up the 1979 Gorham ceramic gnome swinging from a branch, with a working music box and no cracks or chips for $3.50.
I knew I would eventually find a biscuit cutter (30 cents). We have been having breakfasts at work to celebrate promotions with my contribution of homemade buttermilk biscuits with country gravy.
The Lauren shirt is a classic. The retro card pack ($2.50) produced the following images:
As soon as this gawd awful hot weather is over and I retrieve my camera from our summer trailer, I can resume my fashion postings. I also start my online fashion analysis course next week. Should be interesting.