SITS Girls have posted writing-prompts-august. I'm game to join in for a few of them, the list for the month is posted below.
1. What is something blogging has taught you about yourself?
2. Do you need solitude?
3. Have you ever traveled to a foreign country? What country would you most like to visit?
4. What would you include in a truly epic gift basket?
5. How do you respond to change?
6. What is your dream job?
7. If you could only eat one thing for breakfast for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
8. Are you more like your mother or your father? Or maybe you aren’t like either of them? Tell us why.
9. Do you communicate differently online than you do in person?
10. National S’mores Day! Share your favorite s’mores-inspired recipe.
11. Finish this sentence: Life is to short to…
12. Would you rather read only one book for a year or only watch one television show for a year, and which book or show would you pick?
13. Which cartoon character best represents your personality?
14. What was the last game you played?
15. What special tradition from your childhood have you recreated with your own children?
16. It is time to embrace your funny side. Tell us a funny story or a joke.
17. What does friendship look like in your world? Tell us about your best friend, and what makes her (or him) special.
18. Do you have a favorite recipe from your childhood that you still make today?
19. Would you trade places with a celebrity for a day? If so, who would you choose?
20. Book review time: tell us about a great book you have recently read.
21. What does your favorite song say to you?
22. Do your children still believe in the Tooth Fairy?
23. If your life flashed before your eyes, which three moments do you think you would see?
24. How to you spread kindness?
25. Do you still keep a personal journal? How is it different from your blog, or are the two connected in some way?
26. If you were to describe yourself as a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
27. Share a favorite picture from this summer and a favorite picture from a summer in the past.
28. Does your family have a motto?
29. What is your favorite room in your house?
30. What motivates you?
31. What does “a fresh start” mean to you?
What blogging has taught me about myself is that I don't have to follow the rules. There are so many areas in our lives where we have to follow the rules. Having a blog allows you to explore creativity in so many ways. You can post pictures of yourself. You can write or draw or photograph. I especially get a kick out of combining blog challenges.
August is going to be a relatively quiet month for me. While I am preparing images for upcoming events (months in advance), I am keeping an eye out for writing or photography challenges. Give me a holler if you know of something fun and unique coming down the blogger pipeline!