The most expensive item of this thrifted ensemble is the opera length gloves ($20 shopgoodwill.com). The evening clutch - well worth the $6 investment.
Detail on the Zum Zum dress ($10 thrifted)
I am also sharing this 1967 Simplicity pattern, model 1 is holding a pair of white gloves in her hand. I remember that style being called a "baby doll" dress.
FIVE THINGS ONLY THRIFT SHOPPERS UNDERSTAND
1. The sheer delight you experience when you buy an armload of clothes for under $20.
2. Finding that piece of vintage clothing in excellent condition. Someone has saved it, stored it and gave it away just so you could love it.
3. $5 and 10-15 books later, you have enough reading material to last the summer.
4. So you don’t need the ceramic smalls or [fill in the blank], but they make you smile.
5. Thinking "I will buy this item, I can always resell it on EBay/Etsy," but you never do.