|Shades are semi-closed here|
It took very little squaring up on the textile. One problem presented was how do I sew on this dense fabric? I couldn't double it over as it would be too bulky and would break my needle. The lightbulb went off when I decided to just bind off the ends. I used the packet of pastels that came from my thrifting excursion to whip up a 2-1/2" binding.
The upholstery fabric was the perfect size for my purposes. It really was uncanny that the fabric was the exact size I needed it to be. I had not measured the space prior to the project. I have never worked with that type of fabric before. I did French binding on it using a thread noted specifically for upholstery fabric.
Project #2 are potted daffodils for my co-worker friends. One just got a promotion and others just to pay it forward for the sweet things they have done for me. I will update the post after I have planted them in the containers shown above.
In the second image above, you can see my other thrift shop finds displayed. I needed the hoop for my needlework project (I had given all of mine away for some reason). There were fabric finds, of course, and two sun dresses with clothing all being $1 each. The spring pots averaged 75 cents a piece.
Finally, Google and Blogger don't seem to be playing nice with each other. I have always had problems will my audience being able to comment, now, when they did those comments are lost. *sighs*
Here is a message from G & B.