Google tag

Friday, December 1, 2017

Countdown to Christmas Day 1



Welcome to Countdown to Christmas, Day 1! This is Year 4 of my annual endeavor where I highlight my thrift shop rescued Christmas CDs, an Ugly Christmas Sweater (which usually ends up being a cute one, but we'll discuss), and all things kitschy and tacky and other delights heading on up to Christmas. 

There will be excerpts from the 1966 BHG Treasury of Christmas Ideas, such as this lovely door covering.

Some Etsy offerings~

A couple of images thrown in from the 1964 Christmas Magic, the Art of Making Decorations and Ornaments.
 
I am collecting a few Christmas houses. This was a near giveaway ($1) thrift shop score a few months back.
I have pulled recipes some family tradition, others just for kicks and giggles, such as this Planters Holiday Chocolate Nut Squares saved from a BHG Nov. 1997 issue.
What I'm Listening to, a 2 volume set.

Last of all, I am posting on Instagram as tamaschen #ornamentaday, show some ornament love and join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment