Google tag

Sunday, January 12, 2014

A few of my favorite things

One of my favorite things - the color turquoise.  Mis Papelicos share-in-style posted the fashion prompt calendar for the next six months and January's prompt is "favorite color."  Since I have already posted purple in purple-royale and the Pantone color of the year of radiant orchid in mad-for-plaid, turquoise it is!

 The entire outfit is thrifted from the
hairclip to the glasses, the earrings and the necklace,
the shirt, jacket and skirt.

The shoes were retail and yes, the heel of the shoe sunk into the ground.


The gang at We Work for Cheese back-by-popular-demand is launching into the Third Second Annual 30 Minus Two Days of Writing for February.  This no-rules writing challenge is one of the blogging highlights for my year and counts as another of my favorite things.


A ton of b***ching and moaning goes on with these prompts and well, see for yourself.
here-we-go-again

Now that we’ve got all that out of the way, here are the themes:
  1. Gouda
  2. It was no accident
  3. Temporary insanity
  4. When Hell freezes over
  5. The empty bottle
  6. Scatterbrained
  7. Hint, hint
  8. Damn
  9. Dylan
  10. Zombies
  11. Succubus
  12. One bite
  13. Incommunicado
  14. It has to be aliens
  15. My ears are ringing
  16. Shakespearean English
  17. I faked it
  18. Liars
  19. Tastes like chicken
  20. Chaos
  21. Yes, I made that
  22. It’s only a dream
  23. There are things
  24. And then she said
  25. Social media
  26. Naked and lost
  27. How did you find out?
  28. And then my brain exploded
"Yes, that really is the list. No, I’m not joking. You should have seen the ones we ruled out.
Oh, and I’d just like to mention that this is a challenge and not a competition. No, seriously. It’s not. Seriously. Nobody is going to be evaluating your work, meticulously grading every single line and compiling the results in a spreadsheet to determine your literary worthiness. Really."  
I am also linking up with Patti at Not Dead Yet Style.  A favorite fashion linkup.

Click Here for Our Weekly Link-Up!
Anne at SpyGirl for the 52-pick-me-up-10s-1910s-or-2010s prompt of 2010, turquoise being that year's Pantone Color of the Year.  Fashion linkup that makes you think of colors and patterns from a different perspective.  Fav fav fav!

In a style rut?

No comments:

Post a Comment