Google tag

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Books, bibles, and the orange oil can

Being a frequent thrifter at hospice thrift, I was able to snag this beat-up orange oil can ($1.49) right when it was rolled out. It has joined my collection of vintage cool. 

Bought another bag of fabric ($6.99), about half usable for my purposes, really nice blues and greens. 

Next thrifting day I bought another bag of fabric ($4.99) with mainly floral and patriotic prints. I also kept half of that and thrifted the rest back. 

Sometimes I regret periodic purgings of stuff. I decided to keep this bible. The cover is soft and my heart got the best of me. It is the perfect size.  

The best books and best bible on this listing session: Great Classic SPAM Recipes of the World (1994). 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185999671687

This NIV Student Edition study bible was listed for sale. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185999772896

As usual, I have a backlog of sewing patterns to list. First up for a listing session is miscellany of a couple of rag dolls, more Tarot cards, and yarn. 

I am finding the Tarot cards and mysticism-related items in either kids toys or the book sections. As long as I am in kids toys, I also look for doll clothes and G.I. Joes. 

While I still buy for myself and my family when I am thrift shopping, I would say it is only 10% of my total. Sometimes I keep a collectible, then sell it later on. 

I am hibernating inside as our heat is soaring over 100 degrees. My next post will highlight a minor repair on a Raggedy Ann doll. 
💥💜💋 

No comments:

Post a Comment