Google tag

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Ecstatic over an Estate Sale

I routinely check in with estatesale.net to find sales in my area. A cute house in Jackson, California was the setting for these finds at Day 2 of the estate sale. In addition to the delightful chalk on board, there were other items $20 for the lot. This little picture was covered in dirt on its glass frame, perhaps forgotten for many years. The estate sales lady even mentioned it at my check-out, a small piece overlooked by the Day 1 attendees. It measures 6"x8" by Courtney L. Miles (1887-1975). An established artist who lived in the California area and was known for his coastal and mountain landscapes. It is a keeper and now resides in my remote/home office. 

I would have given $20 for just the horse-themed duffel bag. The stuffed animal cow will make my money back on this foray. The handmade Christmas-themed plaques will be highlighted on my Countdown to Christmas. Ok, maybe half is for me, and half I will put up for sale. The items in the right corner are going up for sale, the dressed cow doll, the Christmas vest, and the two books. 
Inside the duffel bag were a set of hand painted wooden Christmas plaques, zippers, buttons, an ornament and mug. 

Found the same weekend were two pieces of Bob Mackie clothing, a jacket, and a silk long-sleeved shirt. I will highlight the jacket in another post. There is so much involved to list clothing, since I create an iMovie for each one. 

Gardening update: The plants are all in, we had so much cold weather I had to wait for the first 80 degree day that finally landed on Friday, 4/21. 

Seller update: I am inching closer to my goal of 2,500 eBay listings. Of my newest sewing pattern acquisitions and the ones culled from my personal collection that should put me there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment