Google tag

Friday, September 16, 2022

It Is All About That Crochet, and the Sewing Pattern Sessions

It is all about that crochet (sung to the tune All About That Bass). My lead-off image is a cluster of crocheted flowers bought at thrift for $1.99. The crocheted slip cover to the vase was in another $2 bag I've highlighted below. 

I was able to turn my attention to the $2 bag of crochet pieces I bought in Fort Bragg. I've listed the lot of orphans for $32. I also have more sets of crochet granny squares to list, some very soft and beautiful ones. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185583111696



I am back at it - listing sewing patterns on eBay. Like a squirrel storing away food for the winter, I am in Madwoman listing mode. I have squirreled away boxes and boxes of patterns to list. It has nearly gotten out of control. 

This pattern deserves a highlight even though a patchwork cover doesn't make much sense to me. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185571521279

I couldn't resist posting this adorable slippers pattern. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185571548867

I am heading toward my goal of 2,000 total active listings. $15k in gross profit for FY 22/23 is another goal. My profit has increased by $5,000 each year. If I can list everything in my death pile by year's end, I might be able to reach my milestone goal of $20k. 

September signals that start of queueing up my Countdown to Christmas posts. I will begin composing them weekly, and if I have enough content, go to daily until Christmas. I will highlight this find again - I was delighted to find a light-up vintage Christmas tree at thrift for $3.99! It has a clunky/chunky 70s vibe to it. 

Crocheted items continue to dominate my life 😐 I spent more than what I usually would for this crocheted blanket ($18). The Mr. and I stopped at a thrift shop in Clearlake, California. They were just opening their doors and were moving big items so I could look around. It is in the keeper category - now known as the colorful Clearlake blanket.

Had a completely awful day the other day. It began by having a buck run into my already beat-up 2008 Ford Escape. I was taking the country road at a slow pace but could not avoid him. He hit the driver's side bumper, and his antlers hit the top of the hood. He went under the vehicle and then stood up from his tumble and ran off. 

The vehicle now down, I worked from home. While I was trying to reach something on a top shelf, the bucket I was standing on gave way and I twisted my ankle, spraining it. I was already upset from the accident, so that just added insult to injury. 

I am on the mend, and there looks to be a new car in my future. 

1 comment: