Google tag

Friday, August 10, 2018

I took the summer off

Admittedly, I didn't take all of the summer off because there was working in between it all. I did take time to just do nothing. There was no heavy-duty quilting, no summer college course, no summer novel reading. When you "do nothing" there is also nothing to post for the internets, so even my blog suffered.  

Page view tallies intrigue me. I do know when I don't linkup with a certain quilt blogger, my page views plummet. That linkup blogger took the summer off too. Yet, a couple of days ago I was hovering around 50 page views per day and then it shot up to 400! I can never figure out what is going on. I assume someone has pointed others toward my blog or mentioned me somewhere. 

I could attribute my summer attitude to our never-ending heat along with the addition of smoke from the Northern California wildfires. Being an escape-to-the-outdoors type of person, I languish indoors protecting my lungs and other organs affected by PM2.5 (particulate matter smaller than 2.5 micrometers). Link to the Environmental Protection Agency's airnow.gov.

My newest passion is learning to cook Chinese food from the Joy of Chinese Cooking. My first attempt was cashew nut chicken (one of my favorites), didn't turn out stellar and it would have helped if I had all of the ingredients *guilty smirk*



There are no good Chinese food restaurants in my area so I decided to learn how to cook this type of cuisine. It was the same with Thai food - none of those restaurants in the rural county where I live. 

I did start free motion quilting this past weekend on the Indianapolis Colts lap quilt I should be able to post as a final in the next couple of weeks. Lots of quilting in store for me as I have that and another quilt sandwich in the queue. 

Have you been experiencing a lackadaisical summer too?

No comments:

Post a Comment