Sunday, September 4, 2016

Batiks and Batting

Once a large influx of sewing related items and material comes into the thrift shop, it is a sure bet more will eventually process through. Having checked back at the thrift shop of my last best sewing-related finds, my $8 snagged batting and batiks, mystery bags of fabric, two 1970s patterns and a tiny tea set.

I have always loved the batik prints but they always seemed to be priced in the high range ($15 or more a yard). Unknown quilter sent through mystery material bags 1 and 2 - precut and ready for my use. 

I do wonder when these amazing fabrics come through - what happened to mystery quilter?  Did she lose interest in the craft? As a nod to the donor, I try to use at least one of my newly acquired fabrics in a current project.

I am reveling in the fact that it is National Sewing Month.
Sharing an image from The Complete Book of Sewing (pub. 1945).

Patterns of the Day - two Simplicity from 1962
Post a Comment

Basting without Borders

This weekend's finds were fabric remnants nothing of note but good quantities and basic colors that will quickly find their way into one...