Sunday, August 20, 2017

Son's quilt finished

Two months behind schedule - son's quilt is finished, it is king-sized plus! I first began the project here. While I did the piecing and binding, a long armer Jennifer Strauser at dizzyquilter did the quilting. My task was to avoid using floral prints at my son's request and to use as many scraps as possible.

I have come up with my own unique pieced element - the Shooting Gallery Border. One of my happy mistakes.
I have learned so much in the 3+ years I have been quilting. When I began I learned to piece the blocks (somewhat) and called that quilting (when it really was just piecing). 

I have learned about large scale and small scale fabrics - ruining a lovely large scale cat print fabric in the process but salvaged it to survive in another creation. 

I have learned more about sewing machines, how to clean and maintain them, the different processes involved with each machine and now what to look for. My recent purchase of a vintage Singer is now up and running. I am currently quilting a country fall cubicle cover. Layout shown on this post. My cubicle covers could also be used as table runners. I like to hang them up to showcase them.

Linking up with Cynthia at quiltingismorefunthanhousework.

9/1 update to linkup with Amanda Jean at crazymomquilts for Finish It Up Friday.

Slightly less than $10 thrifting total included a Real Tree camoflauge shirt, a Nick & Mo colorful embroidery embellished sweater and a painted wineglass.

Leaving you with my newest favorite song. I hadn't listened to country in many years, preferring to listen to other genres, but Maren Morris has called me back into the fold. 
Do you like country décor or listen to country music?

No comments:

Post a Comment