Sunday, April 23, 2017

Weird and wacky in the world of thrift

Another of my recurring features are the Weird and Wacky, previous year's posts 2016 and 2015. This is my 4th and final post for the Aprilalternativechallenge - the weird and wacky in the world of thrift, beginning with a few owls,

some friendly frogs,
a strawberry shortcake and her creepy clown friend.

Adding in a tissue box cover.
I am not sure what the following creation is but it is resplendent in it's glue-gun gone wrong adornment.
Stuffed guy and his fish pal joining the party.
Welcomed by the cork wreath.

On my regular thrifting there was fabric, a quilt book How to Make an Amish Quilt and Olaf. I have begun collecting certain Ty Beanie Babies, ok, the ones I think might be collectible, some that I attach atop baby shower gifts, and some I just keep for myself.

Another retro item I have added to my secondhand thrift shopping list is vinyl records. Of course, they have to be in good condition and something I would eventually like to listen to, like jazz from the 60s/70s.

What is your Must Have collectible?

No comments:

Post a Comment