Saturday, November 12, 2016

Good morning sunshine and the portable chair pad

Pulling from the Mark Bialczak's Hot Pepper Prompts for Nano Poblano, I chose, "Sometimes, when I wake up in the morning, I want to _____________. 

My fill in the blank, is - I want to wake up to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. I want to experience the scent of the sea. Later that day, I want to walk barefoot along the shore.

Since island hopping and seaside adventures are not in my distant future, I entertain myself by thrift shopping. The most interesting of Veteran's Day sale finds were the Mad card deck, bag of mystery quilter material and thread.
 
The mystery bag contained a completed quasi-pillow form. I had the pillow form stuffing, a desire to do some hand tufting and some time on my hands. Yes, the tufting is uneven. I just wanted to do a quick project that would provide some extra padding to my work chair. To say my chair is ginormous is an understatement. To obtain a new "ergonomic" chair requires a meeting with a supervisor and I want to circumvent any reason to have that type of meeting.

After I finished the project, I discovered a hole in the fabric. I went to my stash of Hawaiian shirt hoarder labels that I had processed from the shirts. After a quick stick to affix (again, not worried about symmetry in stitching).

My portable chair pad can be used anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment