Google tag

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Favorite Winter Comfort Food

The Writing Challenge prompt is "Favorite Winter Comfort Food." 
Since I am not a food blogger, I find it difficult to wax poetic about it.  I would rather be eating it than writing about it and food in general is difficult to photograph. 

This recipe is from the 1950 Ford Treasury of Famous Recipes from Famous Eating Places.  I snuck in a few of these recipes during the last writing challenge.  What I like about this book is the artwork on each page with each recipe.  




My father was Czech.  His mother dearly loved kolacky.  She was not supposed to eat it, that calorie-laden dessert, but she did anyway.  

And Hi-de-ho to visitors from the Czech republic, that country is coming in at number three after the U.S. and France for visitors to my blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment