Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bucket list item: Performing "I Will Survive"

One of my bucket list items is to perform the song, I WILL SURVIVE, in front of an audience.  Not only that, I want to be in the full-on regalia of a show girl headdress, made up to the hilt, white opera length gloves, dripping with jewelry, wearing a full-length rhinestone bedazzled gown.  It's doable and WWTROP (well within the realm of possibility).  A cartoon of how I envision it.


I was inspired by my latest thrift shop find CD of The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.  I've seen the movie and while I recommend it, there are scenes that are not for the faint of heart.  Anyhoo, back to the movie's soundtrack - there are some disco classics like I Love the Nighlife and Shake Your Groove Thing.


While I had the stage, I would sing Donna Summer's MacArthur Park.  

What?  A girl can dream, can't she?  



No comments:

Post a Comment