U is for Utensils and Ugly, and not-so-ugly What I Wore Wednesday - A to Z Writing Challenge topic


Utensils, spoons, knives, forks, prongs, you name it, you can find them in the thrift shops.  But just like your own home, there are WAY more knives and forks than there are spoons.  Spoons are like socks, they disappear.  Maybe there is a spoon Burning Man festival, they all head there and disintegrate in a flash of utensil rebellion.

Then there's Ugly - yes, downright Fugly, there is a reason some of that stuff ends up thrifted.  NO ONE WANTS IT (ok someone eventually wants it).  Yep, I said it.  Frequent visitor that I am, I get a sense of what has stayed on the shelves and, amazingly enough, all of the merchandise is sold.  

via thingsidontbuyatthriftstores

The story behind this creepy clown is I saw one of the workers carrying it out of the thrift shop, saying, "I am going to put this on EBay."  I asked if I could take a picture of it, that I just wanted the image.  I can't bear to  post the entirety of this creation, it is far too lewd.  There were a couple of bawdy comments from those present.  I leave it to your imagination.  This is Ugly.



Moving on to a much lighter topic - Fashion!  Linking with http://thepleatedpoppy.com/blog/.

pleated poppy


I call this look "little lady lost" ...

Rose afficianados - I'm holding a hybrid tea rose named Antigua.

Outfit details:  Shaver Lake Sleeveless collared pink button-up shirt and Hillard and Hanson brown knit skirt (both thrifted), L.L. Bean sweater (a mom hand-me-down), and Giani Bernini sandals (retail).  I sooo love these shoes.  I think they are very attractive and right on trend.


A to Z Challenge [2013]

Please vote for me as Best Local Sacramento Blogger.  Vote button is at the top of this post.  Thanks!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's talk uglies

Merrily we quilt along

Spooky Steampunk lap quilt