Google tag

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Day I Met Abraham Lincoln - Day 12 topic of the 30M2D Writing Challenge

The Day I Met Abraham Lincoln - the 30M2D topic.  It seems Ziva is the instigator for this topic (what was she thinking?).  Anyhoo, link to the other Lincolnites participating in this writing challenge.  

The anamatronic Abraham Lincoln at Disneyland’s Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln -- that is the one I know.  As I kid, I had every glitch and tick of his performance memorized. We always visited Mr. L during the peak of the Anaheim summer, it was one of the lower ticket rides you could go in and rest from the frantic pace of making it to all of the “E” ticket rides.  At the point he would stand, my brother and I would whisper to each other, “he’s gonna fall over!  I just know it, it is going to be this time, I swear, he is gonna fall over!"  Of course, Old Abe never did fall over.  I guess the attraction is now new and improved -- I haven't been back to visit almost tippy-over Abe.  

13 comments:

  1. He really gets around. I saw him at Disney World in Orlando. It's a small world after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to point out that I did NOT instigate this prompt. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so Nicky is throwing unwarranted aspersions your way? Unbelievable!

      Delete
    2. I would never, Tami. She totally instigated it and just doesn't want to admit it. Although, to her credit, CheesyMike also deserves a great chunk of the blame. :-)

      Delete
    3. If we can get to the bottom of the horrific act, somebody's going to pay a huge penalty.

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to Disney since I was a kid, so I don't even remember Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no recollection of President Lincoln at Disneyland. But I could write volumes about Pirates and It's a Small World.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Disneyland or Disney World, so I missed that chance to meet Abe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you telling us that Abe was always a little tipsy? That is a little known fact of history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tami! He was taller in person than the animatron. Mind you, I'm guessing; he was lying down with a bruised head when I last saw him. Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally remember that animatron! Coincidentally, I've always wished that I had an animatron. Well, not always, but since I read about one when I was in 6th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would be interesting if he actually did tip over, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember seeing old Abe back when I was a kid. I completely hated it back then. Just two years ago, I went back to Disneyland with my fiance and some friends, and we forced her to sit through the Abe Lincoln animatron show. Listening to my fiance seethe and mutter curse words at us was all the show we needed. Quiet, stifled belly laughs all around.

    ReplyDelete