Google tag

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Countdown to Kitschmas Day 11 ~ You shouldn't have ... and hopping with Two Shoes Tuesday

The 1963 version of me - looks like I was saying, "Mom, you shouldn't have ..."
We dressed up every year on Christmas morning - this outfit is particularly styling.

I am sure I was a sleepy little elf after all of that holiday excitement ~


Christmas quote, Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin & Hobbes:  "Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer... Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously?"


Ava Gardner does Christmas, 1950s, via theniftyfifties.  As an aside, I particularly intrigued by the artwork on the mantel ...

Josie Two Shoes
Josie's prompt for the day is "share" josie2shoes.com.  I've shared my childhood photo, time for you to share yours!

What I am listening to ~ The Time Life Treasury of Christmas, Christmas Memories.  


This is a 24-day blog hop, you can link in anytime during that period, no rules - other than family friendly, no follows required, link up your posts that are:

Kitschy
Quirky
Retro/Vintage
Outfits - Ugly Christmas Sweaters most def welcome!  

6 comments:

  1. Delighted to have you joining us for Two Shoes Tuesday! The photograph of you under the tree brought back great memories, it looked so much like one of mine with the same style of Christmas dresses and hair that we wore! I was a bit older when Barbie came out, but she, her many outfits, and of course her carrying case, were the very best gifts to be found under the tree! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please say you didn't open that Barbie box, as it is probably worth a fortune today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wonderful I love kitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, your expression here is so priceless! :) I think you and my mom must be just about the same age, as you look just about the same size as her in your Xmas pictures from the early 60s (she was born in '58). That Barbie case is simply fantastic! Do you still have it? I'd use it to store (human sized) vintage jewelry in if I had one like it.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the picture in the back ground above the mantle I so pick up on things like that she could have had lipstick on her teeth and I would still be wondering what the heck was that picture about LOL
    I will have to stop back by next week after our work party ugly sweater contest!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy looking at photos of Christmas past. The ones here are classic.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete