Visiting the mamacita


For the past few days, I've been hanging in Washington state with my 84-year old mom.  I am so blessed to have her in my life. 


Here is a little gizmo she had hanging from her lamp which reads "When I have a little money I buy books, if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."  It is important to keep one's priorities in line.  


My blog wouldn't be my blog without my commando (thrift shopping) tendencies.  Mom endures my junk shopping passions with foot-dragging resignation.  My ongoing love affair with the Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli continues - his greatest hits CD and a poetry book purchased for a few dollars at St. Vincent's Thrift Shop in Auburn, Washington. 


One reason I disdain antique shops is the example above - a metal Tonka trunk priced at $49.  Reeeealllly?
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spooky Steampunk lap quilt

Let's talk uglies

Surprise gift for a supervisor - quilted kennel cover