First year Blogiversary, Day 30 of Photograph A Day (Current Project), Time Travel Thursday and Thursdays Are Your Days

Today is my first year blogiversary!  woohoo, yay, cheers.  Here I kept thinking I started my blog in October.  Swilly wabbit.  A holla out to all of my followers - so glad you've joined me along for this ride.  I've been blog hippity-hopping all month long so I could meet my personal goal of 100 followers (I'm almost there!)

Now that I am back in the business of 35mm slide scanning, I have a backlog of images to scan and post.  This is one of the favorites of my "rescued" slide series.  Roller-skating girl from what I believe to be the Jackson, Michigan area around the 1960s.  Do you remember those strap-on skates?  


Here is my current project (photograph a day topic) - Mr. Ted E. Bear, one of those fabric sew-em-togethers.  I bought Ted and the little nautical iron-on at the thrift shop earlier in the month.  I figured I'd give him the Tami flair (that would mean sparkles, spangles, fluffles and the like).  Who knows, maybe he will be my first Etsy offering.  


It wouldn't be an anniversary celebration without a post of a Baby Doll Mugshot ~

  
Composition doll is currently bidding on shopgoodwill.com for $5.  Baby doll boy comes from Goodwill of the Heartland in Iowa City, Iowa.  So what if he is a little cross-eyed, baby dolls need lovin too. 

Since I've posted a vintage image of roller-skater girl, I am linking with The Brambleberry Cottage

And 52 Mantels

52 Mantels
5 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's talk uglies

Merrily we quilt along

Spooky Steampunk lap quilt